Autostart Problem with Canon PS A570

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by voice_of_reason, Nov 16, 2007.

  1. Greetings:

    I want to get a program to NOT autostart when I attach my PS a570
    camera. Can any tell how to do that?

    Background:
    When I used to contect my a75 to my computer, a window would open
    offering me a list of program to use to download the photos.

    When I installed the additional software which came with my new a570,
    I noticed a new program appear in that list -- CameraWindow

    I clicked on the program but did not like it. So I closed it.

    But now, however, whenever I connect my camera, it automatically fires
    up that program!

    How do I get it to revert back to offering me a list?

    I tried just renaming the unwanted program to junk thinking that when
    my computer couldn't find it it would go back to offering me a
    choice.....NOPE! Now when I attach the camera NOTHING happens. No
    choice, no autostart...nothing.

    Suggestions appreciated!!

    Thank you!

    voice_of_reason, Nov 16, 2007

  2. voice_of_reason

    Elmo Guest

    Right-click the camera (in My Computer), click Properties, click Autorun
    tab, and change your preferences there.

    Elmo, Nov 16, 2007