    newsmast

    Any help greatly appreciated

    Mike

    Michael Dodsworth, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Michael Dodsworth

    Ingeborg Guest

    Open a command prompt and type

    attrib -H -R C:\msdos.sys <enter>
    notepad C:\msdos.sys

    Edit the line BootGUI=1 to BootGUI=0
    Save.

    notepad C:\autoexec.bat

    add the lines
    cd \news
    newsmast

    Save, reboot.
    When you want to launch W95, type 'win' from commmand prompt.

    Ingeborg, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Michael Dodsworth

    Pennywise Guest

    Edit the autoexec.bat

    put a REM in front of WIN (or delete the line completely)

    add to the autoexec.bat

    cd/news - or D drive assumed - D:\news

    To start Win95 from DOS just type in WIN

    Pennywise, Sep 14, 2007
  4. Michael Dodsworth

    Pennywise Guest

    Woops

    Pennywise, Sep 14, 2007
  5. To both, many thanks for your help. I will try the solutions mid next week
    when i have access to the computer again.

    Once again, Thanks

    Mike

    Michael Dodsworth, Sep 15, 2007