Automatic color correction on scanned images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CarlosWA, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. CarlosWA

    CarlosWA Guest

    I am scanning several hundred old color photo slides and negatives. I
    find that with APE it takes me a long time to correct the color and
    brightness.

    I found the following APE plug-in products which claim to do the job
    automatically and offer trial downloads.

    Digital ROC
    iCorrect
    ColorPilot
    Color Mechanic
    AliveColors
    ColorWasher

    I have not found comparative reviews. Since it would take me along
    time to try them all I would appreciate receiving comments on which
    are the best or which ones have problems. Also, I am interested to
    know if anyone had problem uninstalling any trial version.

    Thank you,

    Carlos

    ******
    delete "nnoospam" for e-mail reply