    I have been searching for a way to accomplish this, but have not seen
    anything addressing this kind of question.

    TIA

    pcicero, Jan 25, 2007

  2. pcicero

    Lem Guest

    Windows Wireless Network Setup Wizard:

    Lem, Jan 25, 2007

  3. pcicero

    Guest Guest

    That wizzard only seems to allow config of PSK based security. What about
    pre-provisioning WPA-Enterprise SSID's..?

    Guest, Jan 30, 2007
  4. pcicero

    Lem Guest

    You're right, the Wireless Network Setup Wizard is designed for the home
    user, to help configure shared keys, i.e., WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK. At
    least as of 2 years ago (12/7/04), "The Windows XP SP2 version of the
    Wireless Network Setup Wizard does not support the configuration of
    802.1X authentication settings."

    For Enterprise configuration, see this MS Cable Guy article, that
    explains how to use the Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies Group
    Policy extension or Wireless Provisioning Services.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/abouttn/flash/promo/lettertoeditor/lte120704.mspx

    Lem, Jan 30, 2007
  5. pcicero

    Guest Guest

    I had seen this before. I prefer the GPO approach - and have it working
    successfully except for one thing - the client gets set to 'Automatically
    Connect' to the network. As out client machines normally use a wired
    connection (and only use wireless when in a conference room) I need to create
    the profile set to 'manual'.. Any ideas?

    Many thanks..

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007
  6. pcicero

    Lem Guest