    directory 2. Is there any way to do something like this?

    Or is there some file that my preferences are stored in, that I could
    modify the file and then run the program from batch?

    rkennel, Dec 30, 2004

  2. rkennel

    Clyde Guest

    What tool are you talking about? The "Adobe DNG Converter" that I
    downloaded does everything in batch. It works on a whole folder and puts
    it into the folder that you select. What more batching do you want?

    Clyde

    Clyde, Dec 30, 2004

  3. rkennel

    John Bean Guest

    No, this has been asked (and answered authoritatively) in the Adobe DNG
    forum. If you pass it a directory name on the command line it will populate
    the source directory but there's no way to do anything more other than
    interactively.

    John Bean, Dec 30, 2004
  4. rkennel

    Clyde Guest

    If it was answered authoritatively in the Adobe DNG forum, why are you
    asking us?

    I'm sorry, it never occurred to me that I needed to script a batch tool.
    Doing a batch of files all in one folder works very well interactively
    for me. I get a whole bunch done at once. At the most I've done 2 or 3
    folders at a time. Scripting it would only save me a few seconds. So, why?

    If you have dozens of folders that you need to do, write a script to put
    them all in one folder, then convert, then move them all back. I would
    think that script would take much longer to develop than to just run the
    program.

    It sounds like you are looking for a solution without a problem.

    Clyde

    Clyde, Dec 31, 2004
  5. rkennel

    JPS Guest

    In message <[email protected]_s03>,
    It has to be operated in the GUI, though. It is very limited in the way
    you can use it, and it is dumb enough to keep making duplicates of
    everything that has already been converted. If you run it multiple
    times on a directory with only one raw file in it, it will snowball, as
    it doubles the number of files with every pass; 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 -> 16.

    JPS, Jan 1, 2005
  6. rkennel

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    .... and conversions of previous conversions, as well.

    JPS, Jan 1, 2005