Automakers bailout

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tom, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. tom

    tom Guest

  2. What's in a Name?, Dec 19, 2008

  3. The Failure Motor Corporation

    25 Buckingham Court

    Maywood, NJ

    201-226-9233

    To Whom It May Concern:

    As president and CEO of "The Failure Motor Corporation" I am seeking advice
    from you. As you probably know, at the end of the nineteenth century and
    the beginning of the twentieth century there were 2700 car companies of
    which three survived. I represent Packard, LaSalle, Kaiser, Frazier, Henry
    J, DeSoto, Nash, Peerless, Hudson, Pierce Arrow, Cord, Duesenberg, Crosley,
    Studebaker, DeLorean, Tucker, DuPont and Checker. My corporation is looking
    for either a bailout or some 'start-up' money. I am sure there are some
    government officials who will think this is a good idea. I will locate our
    manufacturing facilities in their state and appoint big supporters to
    positions on the board of directors (where they can join their wives and
    children) when they retire from government.

    Please forward this proposal to the appropriate people. Our corporation was
    hoping for action on this before Christmas.

    Your comrade,

    Luke O'Malley

    TheStoneCrusher, Dec 20, 2008
  4. tom

    lars Guest

    tom:
    Yes automake does bailout sometimes.

    lars, Dec 20, 2008
  5. tom

    Walter Guest

    You should take your own advice. Chrysler and GM are talking merger if the
    bailout doesn't save them. Ford is the only one ASKING for a loan.
    It's not really "two sides" when labor can shut a company down by refusing
    to work at any given point. (That's called going on strike in case you
    didn't know) Modern day unions are nothing more than extortionists. It's
    not like it was back in the day.
    OK. I'll agree with that last bit

    Walter, Dec 20, 2008
  6. Who doesn't? Successful businesses.

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 6, 2009
  7. "TheStoneCrusher" <> proliferated
    this using
    Bailout so naturally to make more autos for deficit
    increasing thus much good for economy now and the
    whole world eats the government cheese. Yum yum.

    All but Ford - they didn't take any money...
    so buy 2 or 3 of theirs now, OK? I am.
    I want a Sara Palin Ford convertable. Fun fun.

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and I've got the
    "brand new key" to her "brand new rollerskates."

    Repent - the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 9, 2009