Autom. upload config ios cat to tftp server through snmp anyone ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Marc Elsen, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Marc Elsen

    Marc Elsen Guest

    I am looking for info , perhaps example scripts as how
    to upload the configuration of IOS based catalysts
    automatically to a tftp server.

    Meaning , for my CatOS based swicthes this is easily
    accomplished using the following command :

    % snmpset -v 2c -c rw_commname -m CISCO-STACK-MIB catos_box
    tftpAction.0 i 3

    Basically this will upload the current configuration in the catalyst
    to an ftp server.

    I want to accomplish the same for an IOS based Catalyst 4506 :

    But for IOS based catalysts this seems more difficult
    and not straightforward.

    Any examples , suggestions, scripts, ...

    Thanks a lot,

    Marc ()

    Marc Elsen, Dec 2, 2003