    Autodesk Inventor installation program telling me that it is installed and stopping me from actually installing it for real?

    Many thanks in advance for all assistance.
    Mike

    me here, Feb 11, 2014

  2. me here

    Paul Guest

    Any log files ?

    Try a search on ".log" and then sort by date. Look for .log
    files created on the date of installation, whatever that is.
    If the install failed, perhaps a log is sitting on the
    computer somewhere.

    Expensive software has many protections. For example, if you
    first run a "trial" version of something, you may need a
    special cleaner utility before the "paid" version will
    install. Even older versions can screw up a newer install.
    When you pay good money for stuff like this, their
    tech support should be ready to help. For all the trouble
    the protections cause.

    You also have to be careful, about re-installations. Like,
    wiping the disk, and reinstalling to a fresh C:, may be
    counted over the net as a second install attempt, and activation
    will be denied (even though all the hardware serial numbers
    may look the same). For expensive software, always make sure you
    know how the installer works. If it's one of those "de-authorization"
    installers, you have to convince the first copy to "uninstall",
    before you can use your license key on a clean install. Understanding
    the installer is important, to not getting "screwed"
    out of your product. As some of these companies have
    no mercy.

    *******

    Check the thread here.

    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Inventor-2014-installation-problem/td-p/4559695

    These are examples of .log files in %temp% .

    http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/24/71573/1/Autodesk Inventor 2014 Setup.log

    http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk...71572/1/Autodesk Inventor View 2014 Setup.log

    If you go to your favorite search engine, you can do site specific
    searches like this:

    site:forums.autodesk.com faro failure

    That helps to reduce the "noise" you normally see
    from a search engine.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 11, 2014