    of making it run without the CD. OK for the desktop but not the notebook.

    Can anyone help please?

    Arsiep

    Arsiep, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Arsiep

    Night_Seer Guest

    There are a few programs out there that let you copy the cd to your
    hard drive, and then mount the image like a regular cd. It does take up
    hard drive space though, as it keeps a copy of the CD on your hard
    drive. But to the program it just sees that a CD is inserted in an
    "extra" cd/dvd drive.
    Here are two of them:

    Alcohol 120% (there is also Alcohol 52% which only allows emulation and
    doesn't do the burning part, if you don't need it to burn copies. Its a
    little cheaper)
    http://www.alcohol-software.com/software.php

    There is also CloneCD, which does the same thing:
    http://www.clonecd.net/

    I've also heard of something called daemon tools, which might be
    freeware, so check that out.

    Keep in mind that some CD's have copy protection that keeps you from
    doing this, but both of these programs can circumvent that in some
    CD's...hope this helps.

    Night_Seer, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Arsiep

    MrToad Guest

    Here's another one that works well:
    Paragon CD Emulator 2.6
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/6/3-6-3.shtml

    A tad expensive @ $40 USD though....

    MrToad, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Arsiep

    Night_Seer Guest

    That's about the price for Alcohol as well...If you want free look
    around for deamon tools (daemon?) but I'm not sure of what it does.

    Night_Seer, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Arsiep

    MrToad Guest

    Excellent!
    Thanks for tip, here's the link if anyone wants to know:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

    BTW, Night Seer, are you the same Night Seer as on the AGB news group?
    If so, small usenet, eh?
    :eek:]

    MrToad, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Arsiep

    Night_Seer Guest

    Yup that's me...very small usenet ;)

    Night_Seer, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Arsiep

    Arsiep Guest

    Thanks guys. Used Alcohol 52% Trial and got it working

    Great stuff

    Arsiep

    Arsiep, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Arsiep