    this. Maybe he could tweak the sharpness in the 10D if he just had something
    to correct for that "hazy" look the Canon files sometimes get. It happens on
    my 1D and Rebel, too, and that's when I pinch the levels a bit.

    Dave R knows who, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Dave R knows who

    paul Guest

    You would definitely benefit from shooting RAW if you are doing all that
    work. Otherwise the in-camera settings should be adjustable to probably
    get as much 'umph' out of the pictures. I couldn't say which RAW
    converter might be simple enough, Adobe Camera Raw for CS (probably the
    same as elements?) can be given default values to whatever you want. You
    only need to change them for unusual pictures.

    paul, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Dave R knows who

    Dirty Harry Guest

    "hazy" look the Canon files sometimes get.

    It happens to me only when I use photoshop CS to open the raw files, if I
    use a cannon utility like the file viewer or digital photo pro software they
    look great. Did u try that? Just for an experiment why don't u open one of
    the "hazy" ones with the file viewer and convert it to a tiff and load that
    in photoshop and see if there is a difference...?

    Dirty Harry, Mar 25, 2005

  4. It was bad overcast so he's got bad contrast and color balance from his
    JPEG's. He did not shoot RAW. We can't soot again - what is done is done.
    Just looking for a tool to correct contrast and color in batch mode.

    Dave R knows who, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Dave R knows who

    paul Guest

    Irfanview will do that for free. It's not as fancy as curves or
    auto-levels in photoshop but will do gamma, contrast, sharpening, etc. I
    remember hearing of another good program with auto levels type
    correction, sorry I can't recall. :-(

    Irfanview is worth a shot, maybe sort into groups of under/over exposed
    & experiment to get the best settings.

    paul, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Dave R knows who

    Stacey Guest

    http://www.photocleaner.com/

    About as simple as it gets. If he can't be bothered to do this...

    Stacey, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Dave R knows who

    Dirty Harry Guest

    or sorry didn't realize they were jpegs...the solution is to shoot raw next
    time :p

    Dirty Harry, Mar 25, 2005