auth with secure acs & external user db

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by yasemin9, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. yasemin9

    yasemin9

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi!
    We are trying to establish authentication for users that are trying to connect to the network. We have a 2950 Cisco switch and a secure ACS server. In the first stage, we created user accounts on the ACS server. the switch and the ACS server are working properly, we can authenticate users. Up to here everything works fine. But we need to create thousands of user accounts therefore we created an exchange mail server with all the user accounts on it. so by using the external user database option of the secure ACS, we tried to connect the secure ACS with the exchange server so that we can use the accounts in the active directory to authenticate users. we did some configuration on secure ACS external user databases (windows database option), and we configured the unknown user policy on secure ACS. but when we try to authenticate by using the active directory user accounts we get an error message "auth type not supported by external DB" do we need to do any configuration on the exchange server or active directory?

    we used the following link to configure the external user database:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/....html#wp354415

    and the following link was used to configure the unknown user policy:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/....html#wp277585

    we are not sure about dialin permission, domain list, ms chap settings and EAP settings. we are trying to make a windows database configuration and are not sure of the selections to be made in the configuration....??

    Thank you!
    -yasemin

    yasemin9, Aug 7, 2006