Audio Recorder with Scheduling?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Audio Recorder with Scheduling?

    Hello.

    I just wondered if you know whether there are any good audio recorders
    with the ability to record at scheduled times?

    At the moment I record digital radio from satellite in a tv tuner on
    my computer. It's not ideal because it is also saving the info screen
    as the video. It's the best option I have at the moment though
    because nothing else audio-wise will allow me to do scheduled
    recordings of audio only. It's not ideal because it's a waste of
    space to save the video as well. Whenever I just use an audio
    recording program I always fall asleep or something and forget to stop
    the recording whenever the particular radio show has ended. So in the
    morning I have a few GBs of radio saved on my HD instead of maybe just
    a few hundred MBS or less.

    Anyway, if you know of an audio program that will allow scheduled
    recording, and allow you to select different levels of audio quality
    that would be great. I guess that recording direct to MP3 format
    would probably be the best as it would take up less space than wav.

    Anyway thanks very much for any help/suggestions.

    John

    John, Aug 23, 2003