  1. I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.

    Is there such a beast?

    Richard Owlett, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    The built-in Windows sound recorder.

    Use a batch file, and use the syntax:

    sndrec32 "<path to wav file>" /play /close

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Richard Owlett

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard Owlett said:
    Create a shortcut to a wav file, then go into the shortcut properties and change
    the target line to something like this.

    %SystemRoot%\System32\sndrec32.exe /play /close c:\pathtowavfile\wavfile.wav

    where the first part is the path to the soundrec file, the second part being
    self evident, and the third part being the location of the wav file you want to
    play.

    Now that you mention it, I would like to find how to get it to work with a
    shortcut to an mp3 ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

    Richard Owlett, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    I only see it once here.