    audio driver to keep this from happening? It's a SiS
    7018 audio driver, which of course is integrated into
    the mo'board.

    Forgotten Boy, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Forgotten Boy

    W. Wallace Guest

    I've tried reinstalling drivers for similar problem... same result. I find
    it unlikely that it would be a driver issue because if it's a problem, it
    wouldn't be intermittent. You might want to check to make sure that it's not
    sharing resouces with another device.

    I would ditch the onboard sound (disable it) and pick up a cheap
    replacement. Judging you have a 1 GHZ system, any $15.00+ sound card would
    be superior to it.

    W. Wallace, Sep 5, 2003