    2 cd drives on the secondary controller. Any ideas?

    tia

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Jim

    °Mike° Guest

    If you gave a lot more details about your system, somebody
    may be able to help.

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Like I'm running a Compaq 5200US with an AMD 751mhz / 576 mb ram/ an IDE
    ATA/ATAPI controller. On the primary channel there's a QUANTUM
    FIREBALLlct20 30. On the secondary IDE channel there is a Compaq CD-ROM
    LTN403 cd reader and a LITE-ON LTR-24102B Cd r/w drive.

    I've tried to find an updated driver for the LTN403, but no joy.

    Jim, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Jim

    Helen Guest

    Try drivers.com... you have to register to use it...

    :
    : °Mike° wrote:
    : > If you gave a lot more details about your system, somebody
    : > may be able to help.
    : >
    : >
    : > On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:02:33 -0400, in
    : > <>
    : > Jim scrawled:
    : >
    : >
    : >>I just installed WinXp pro (v2002 sp1) from WinME. The CD USED to play
    : >>audio CDs just fine. Now they sound like they are skipping and
    : >>stuttering. The hard drive is on the primary IDE controller and I have
    : >>2 cd drives on the secondary controller. Any ideas?
    : >>
    : >>tia
    : >>
    : >>Jim