    I can't find anything about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound
    is from Zone Alarm, or do I have a different issue?

    Thanks

    Patch, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Patch

    °Mike° Guest

    I may have nothing to do with ZA; it may be an overheating problem.
    Check your temperatures/fans etc.

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:55:17 GMT, in
    <Vx70b.15626$>
    Patch scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Patch

    trout Guest

    Patch wrote:

    > 4 times today, my computer speaker has let out with a sound like a
    > European police car siren. Also about the same time Zone Alarm said
    > it blocked someone trying to access my computer. It shows that it
    > intercepted a total of 4 attempted intrusions. (Win98 with Broadband
    > connection) I've been using Zone Alarm for about a year now & I've
    > never heard any kind of siren sound before. (I'm using the free
    > version) I've looked through all the settings & I can't find anything
    > about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound is from Zone
    > Alarm, or do I have a different issue?
    >
    > Thanks

    I've never heard a peep out of mine. I would think it's more likely
    an anti-virus/spy/trojan program. What else are you running along these
    lines?
    --
    "Sounds vaguely familiar...."

    trout, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Patch

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patch said:

    > 4 times today, my computer speaker has let out with a sound like a European
    > police car siren. Also about the same time Zone Alarm said it blocked
    > someone trying to access my computer. It shows that it intercepted a total
    > of 4 attempted intrusions. (Win98 with Broadband connection) I've been using
    > Zone Alarm for about a year now & I've never heard any kind of siren sound
    > before. (I'm using the free version) I've looked through all the settings &
    > I can't find anything about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound
    > is from Zone Alarm, or do I have a different issue?
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you running visualzone in conjunction with ZoneAlarm?
    If I remember correctly, there is an alarm with *that*

    Brian H¹©, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Patch

    Patch Guest

    Patch, Aug 18, 2003