    work? It records off of Winamp just fine by the way...

    Much appreciate any help rendered,
    dan

    dan glenn, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Correction: nothing 'hears' your browser, it 'hears' your audio drivers.
    Reinstall your audio drivers.

    --
    Thanks,
    Bryan K

    To reply, remove .com

    Your Best Friend, Jul 11, 2007

  3. dan glenn

    dadiOH Guest

    1. Open Windows Volume Control
    2. Options>Properties
    3. Tick "Recording"
    4. In the window showing volume controls, assure that you have ticked
    "What U Hear"
    5. OK
    6. On the "Recording Control" applet, tick "What U Hear", un-tick all
    others
    7. Close Volume Control

    That should do it. If not, set Audacity audio I/O preferences to your
    sound card.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 11, 2007
  4. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    You mean reinstall my SB Live! sound card? Can I do that without original
    system disks (I have none)...

    -dan

    dan glenn, Jul 11, 2007
  5. dan glenn

    dadiOH Guest

    I seriously doubt you need to reinstall anything but you don't need a
    system disc to install sound drivers, you need the disc that came with
    the sound card when you bought it. Barring that you can d/l drivers
    from the manufacturer's website.; however, before even *thinking* of
    doing that, do what I told you in my original reply.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 11, 2007
  6. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    I did do what you suggested in your original reply, dodiOH. - made no diff.
    I checked out the Creative SB website and the version I have is "past its
    service life" - they do have downloads but you have to be at a certain
    version before they'll work. I tried to update so I'd be at that version
    with a patch they provided but it said it couldn't even recognize any Sound
    Blaster product installed at all, so wouldn't do anything. Can I try to just
    install what I *think* is their latest driver?

    -dan

    dan glenn, Jul 12, 2007
  7. dan glenn

    dadiOH Guest

    You said you could record what Winamp plays so there is nothing wrong
    with your card/drivers. Look elsewhere (settings) for a solution to
    your problem.

    In Audacity, what sound channel shows in the drop down box?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 12, 2007
  8. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    Audacity doesn't seem to care what I've selected for the source, when trying
    to record a YouTube video. I have "Wave", just as I have for recording
    Winamp, which works. But get no sound with Youtube. I've tried them all.
    None 'work'. I've selected my 'SB Live! card' for both playback and
    recording under 'Edit, Preferences' in Audacity. Nor does any combination of
    the two devices one can choose for either playback or recording seem to make
    any difference (the other 'device' is 'Microsoft Sound Mapper'). Sorry to be
    so much trouble. Can't think of any other 'settings' to try right now. Any
    suggestions?

    -dan

    dan glenn, Jul 12, 2007
  9. dan glenn

    dadiOH Guest

    I have no problem recording sound from YouTube with Audacity set to
    "What U Hear" as I suggested originally. If you can't, best thing I
    can suggest is to run Creative's diagnostic program...should be in the
    Creative/Soundblaster folder under Start>Programs.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 12, 2007
  10. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    OK - all fixed. I 'finally' suceeded in downloading the main drivers from
    the Creative site and did a reinstall of the basic drivers. That worked - I
    can now record YouTube as well as Winamp. Thanks for the help and patience.
    I did run the diagnostics you mentiomed before I reinstalled and they failed
    on several counts and suggested I reinstall...

    dan

    dan glenn, Jul 13, 2007
  11. dan glenn

    dadiOH Guest