    I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
    inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!

    Eric

    Eric Brown, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Eric Brown

    wkearney99 Guest

    Most redundant power supplies require a chassis that supports it. A regular
    ATX chassis is probably not going to work. That is, the usual cut-out
    provided on most ATX chassis won't have the right clearance to allow use of
    a redundant power supply. The hole needs to be pretty large. But if yours
    has one searching google brings up results:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=redundant+power+supply+ATX

    A quick check doesn't indicate any of these will work in 'standard ATX'
    chassis.

    wkearney99, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Eric Brown

    JT Guest

    JT, Apr 3, 2005
  4. Eric Brown

    Ian Guest

    Hi.

    I have never had a problem with power supplies failing, As long as you
    are using a quality case and power supply. Personally you should be
    looking at true server grade cases an power supplies such as Intel
    compaq etc.
    Remember if you are using redundant power you should use two UPS's.
    Have a look on ebay and you should get a quality server for a fraction
    of the new cost and it will be more relaible than any PC.

    Ian

    Ian, Apr 3, 2005
  5. Eric Brown

    J. Clarke Guest

    Your best bet would be to watch ebay for an Intel Cabrillo-C case--new they
    were about 1500 bucks but you can find them on ebay for a very reasonable
    price these days. That gets you a triple-redundant power supply (assuming
    it has all three modules installed) in a purpose-built server case for a
    less than you'd pay for dual-redundant alone.

    J. Clarke, Apr 4, 2005