ATTN: tony Cooper

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jan 17, 2014.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Tony Cooper, Jan 17, 2014

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    The woman is not my wife.

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I should have said lens flare, not glare. As to secret technique, take
    of the hood and point the lens near the sun.

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  5. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I won't tell. What happens in Sunrise, stays in Sunrise.

    Tony Cooper, Jan 17, 2014
  6. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jan 17, 2014
  7. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    That's a relief.

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    <G>

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  9. PeterN

    MC Guest

    MC, Jan 17, 2014
  10. PeterN

    J. Clarke Guest

    J. Clarke, Jan 17, 2014
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  12. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Sorry George. It is called composition. I have other images taken at
    that location that do not have the lens flare. I am too lazy to post them.

    PeterN, Jan 17, 2014
  13. PeterN

    MC Guest

    Hmmm... Your reason for the lens flare is tenuous at best, even if you
    could judge the precise moment the sunlight hits the lens elements at
    the exact the angle required to create a relationship with the shape of
    the legs and shadows.

    However, maybe I am being too hard and that you are going to tell us
    that you set the shot up, using a static camera on a tripod, at exactly
    the right position and at precisely the right time so the sun's rays
    hit the lens elements at the correct angles for the required shape and
    position of the lens flares. Then, the said person walked into shot,
    taking several attempts to get the right position of the legs at the
    right point in the frame. Of course, remembering that it all had to be
    done within a miniscule time frame before the sun moved tool far out of
    position, messing up the angle to create the required lens flare.

    However, I do not think that it happened that way and you are merely
    trying to pull wool over our eyes and making post creation excuses as
    to why the lens flare is there.

    MC

    MC, Jan 18, 2014
  14. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Except I have no reason to. I set up my location to try for some lans
    flare. However, I took over 100 images but only one worked out. Yes, I
    did get lucky. But, that was the effect I was looking for. My failure
    rate on such shots is quite high. Indeed, i do admit to being lucky.
    Just like shooting humming birds. I pick a flower, and hope I picked the
    right one. I have spent many hours with zero results. If you have
    trouble believing me, that is your problem, and I understand. I am not
    showing the thousands of images that did not work, and were discarded..

    PeterN, Jan 18, 2014
  15. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I was sitting on a bench. Otherwise there is no way I could have shot at
    that low angle. As I said in reply to MC, it was a lucky shot. Most of
    the time, what I try doesn't work as hoped for.

    PeterN, Jan 18, 2014
  16. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Some things are best left to the imagination. ;-)

    PeterN, Jan 19, 2014