    Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

    Looks like Warners is finally going the keep case route
    Wish they would do this on all their releases!!!

    Film Buff, May 30, 2004

  2. They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
    this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, May 30, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    DRO Guest

    I think this is because Warners is giving some say to people who also have a
    stake in the movie, Like Ted Turner, (Tuner Movie Classics: The Marx
    Brothers discs, and the Carry Grant Discs) Joel Silver (The Matrix Movies).
    These guys like keepcases and can see that the public likes keepcases, and
    they let Warners know their feelings. If Warners has 100% control of the
    film, they go with their packaging.

    DRO, May 30, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    TSKO Guest

    I just did a pre-order of this on Amazon....got it for only $35 bucks (w/
    shipping). For 5 movies....not a bad deal.

    TSKO, May 30, 2004
  5. I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
    individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and
    more due to box necessity than policy shift--
    But, y'know, it's a START.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 30, 2004
  6. Film Buff

    Bratboy Guest

    I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned copy,
    that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
    snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe they
    are seeing the light

    Bratboy, May 31, 2004
  7. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 31, 2004
  8. Film Buff

    Bratboy Guest

    I'd of sworn my origonal copy was a snapper type case but maybe not.

    Bratboy, May 31, 2004
  9. Maybe you're thinking of BLAZING SADDLES.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, May 31, 2004