attn gamers: SLI is back

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Jackson Guest

    Jackson, Jun 29, 2004

  3. you have to have two PCI-E 16x slots, so yeah, at the moment it's Xeon
    boards only... give it time, and an AMD solution should be available.
    Hell, Nvidia should do one them selves seeing as it is their video cards.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    Rider, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Jackson Guest

    Your probably right, so expect to see a Nvidia Nforce SLI mb sometime :)

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Jun 29, 2004
  6. also, from page three.
    (I should note, though, that VIA's PT890 and K8T890 chipsets will have
    20 lanes of PCI Express connectivity on the north bridge, offering a
    glimmer of hope.)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2004
  7. and nvidia nforce 4...
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16874

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 30, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    colinco Guest

    Just in time for the latest increase in power prices :-(

    colinco, Jun 30, 2004
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Jackson Guest

    Thats good news. My existing Nforce2 board is excellent with no issues
    what-so-ever so I guess an upgrade in 6months or so to a SLI Nforce4 would
    be way to go. Can't go wrong if Nvidia makes two of the most important
    componets in the PC, bound to work well together (from what i've found
    anyway).

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Jun 30, 2004
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    The Hobbit Guest

    But on the up side, it eliminates the need for me do buy a heater to keep
    the young'uns warm at night :)

    The Hobbit, Jun 30, 2004
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gotta agree there. AFAIC it's nVidia all the way.

    ~misfit~, Jun 30, 2004
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    colinco Guest

    Why? The two divisions could be completely separate, on different
    continents etc etc. Microsoft has software departments that don't work
    together. Test first (or let someone else).

    colinco, Jun 30, 2004
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Jackson Guest

    They will at least share design and technology which another company would
    not have access too. Thus, it should mean that the motherboard and graphics
    card are designed to work together in the best possible way. I dont think
    different departments would matter since they'd both have access to the same
    resources.

    And from my experience, Nforce motherboards and Nvidia GPU's have never
    caused any problems for me. Can't say the same for other motherboard
    chipsets and GPU's.

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Jun 30, 2004
  14. never worked in an analy retentive work place huh?
    although I agree with you, I do so for different reasons.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 30, 2004