    return (1);
    }

    Ben Smith, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    And someone was just today wondering if MS had a sense of humor...

    Seriously, though... I wonder how much money was spent in market testing on
    this new name. When I hear "Vista" I think of "Vista Pavillion" which is a
    local hospice or something... not something I'd like to associate with an
    operating system.

    Frisbee®, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    When I hear "Vista" I think of "Vista
    It reminds me of That 70's show's Vista Cruiser.

    CBIC, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Vista

    Once the ad machine cranks up you'll start to like it.

    kp "you are getting sleepy..." g

    kpg, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CBIC spewed across the ether:
    I think the marketdroids get these goofy ideas implanted somewhere in their
    training[1] process. I'm still wondering at our local power company
    changing their name a couple of years ago from Washington Water Power (WWP)
    to...wait for it......

    .....ready?

    Avista.

    Furrfu.

    JaR, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I think they are trying to play on the new interface and visulaization
    features of the product. Avalon and Areo most notably. Also what you can
    access (see) from the core applications (such as RSS features built into
    IE). As you think about it the name starts to grow on you; but if you
    hold still long enough so will fungus.

    vis·ta n.

    1) A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as
    between rows of buildings or trees.
    2) An avenue or other passage affording such a view.

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  7. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    IFYPFY. See, I told ya there was a lot of that going around today.
    Coffee. Need more coffee.

    No. Wait. Beer! That's it need beer! Lessee....4 hrs 'till BT.

    Bitchin!

    JaR, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, JaR spewed across the ether:
    Whups, sorry.

    [1] Ha ha.

    JaR, Jul 22, 2005
  9. Guest

    Neil Guest

    see my post immediately under the OP

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    DOH! They got to me already!

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  11. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Good boy! Nicely done. I'm pleased to see that you were sober for at least
    part of TechEd. That should be good for a t-shirt at least.

    JaR, Jul 22, 2005
  12. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    from dictionary.com

    crap n.
    1) excrement
    2) an act of defecating
    3) foolish, deceitful, or boastful language
    4) cheap or shoddy material
    5)miscellaneous or disorganized items, clutter
    6) insolent talk or behavior

    CBIC, Jul 22, 2005
  13. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    LOL - funny thing is, they are in the building next to me.

    Maybe just an anonymous slip of paper slid under their office door?

    You can use my name if you like.

    "Jtyc says you guys are the lamerz"

    Jtyc, Jul 22, 2005
  14. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    Can't be any worse that Toronto spending $600K to come up with the marketing
    slogan "Toronto Unlimited".

    Or maybe it can be.. the Montreal Transit Comission (mainly French speakers)
    coming up with the name Systeme Transport Centre d'Urbain Montreal. Pardon
    my French if that's not exactly it, but if you look at the capital
    letters... and note the capital letters are what they printed on the
    buses.... And they wondered what the Anglaises (English speakers) were
    laughing about.

    T-Bone, Jul 22, 2005
  15. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Missed that one. But you don't really expect me to read ALL your posts do
    you? I have a job you know.

    CBIC, Jul 22, 2005
  16. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone spewed across the ether:
    Hah! Did they ever get ripped off. I would have come up with that for half
    that much.
    STCUM? LOL!

    JaR, Jul 22, 2005
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    so?

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Mention that to the boss so I can find my way there next year (It will be
    in KB's backyard -- NO NOT ALASKA!)
    breathing was good for a "T" at TE. I walked away with 13, but that was a
    mild ROI for some folks. Now the USB thumb drives, USB Hubs, and the
    WACOM tablet were nice ;)

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    now, don't be rediculous! what's the likelihood they would actually call it
    MS Crap? Truth in Advertising or no....

    Neil, Jul 22, 2005
  20. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    now, don't be rediculous! what's the likelihood they would actually call
    it

    Windows The

    or

    Windows, Triple Pane Edition "Now with Storm Shutter® security protection"

    Jtyc, Jul 22, 2005