    network utility. Never was able to get it to work (security key issues), so
    uninstalled SP2 and have been using sp1 ever since.

    Thank you in advance for whatever assistance you can provide.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=, Feb 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=

    Chris H. Guest

    You don't need the pretty front end software to manage your LAN, but it is
    that software which is in conflict with XP SP2 only. The information is
    here: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn For adapter cards, you can
    install the drivers only, and, as you noted, use Wireless Zero Configuration
    to administer the operation. Your base station can be managed from
    192.168.2.1 (the default IP address, or whatever you gave it) from within
    the address line in your browser. Updating to XP SP2 shouldn't change your
    LAN configurations on the hardware.

    Chris H., Feb 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=

    Joe Crown Guest

    Well here are several articles about configuring wireless in Windows XP
    along with some for troubleshooting.

    313242 How to Troubleshoot Wireless Network Connections in Windows XP

    314897 How to set up your computer for wireless networking in Windows XP

    822725 60-Second to 120-Second Delay Occurs in User Authentication When
    You Log On to Windows XP in a Wireless Network

    826239 Small Delay in Logon to Network When You Use a Wireless Network
    Connection

    831749 Support WebCast: How to Set Up and Improve the Security of Home
    Wireless Networks

    871122 Error message when you try to run the Wireless Network Setup
    Wizard after you update to Windows XP Service Pack 2

    I know that is a lot of information to read, but I think in the long run
    it will help you. Please note these articles can all be read over at
    http://support.microsoft.com if you decided to read any of them.

    --

    Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec for helping them

    assistance.

    time.

    If I sound hostile or arrogant you need to read the following before
    posting a question "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" at
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (The site I've linked
    to just has this article I think people should read before posting a
    technical question.)

    Joe Crown, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Thanks for the help, successfully running SP2 now!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=, Apr 9, 2006
  5. Thanks for the help! Everything is working after upgrade.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=, Apr 9, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=

    Chris H. Guest

    Awesome.

    Chris H., Apr 9, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=

    Tim Guest

    I guess I don't understand. Can I still use my MN-500 Base station w/ MN-520
    Notebook Adaptor in XP SP2? I just recently upgraded to SP2 and now it
    doesn't connect.
    I tried setting it up w/out WEP and change it later, but the Notebook
    Adaptor will not connect to the base station. Please help. I'm not sure if
    I have the same problem as "frustrated novice."

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 16, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBub3ZpY2U=?=

    Chris H. Guest

    Double-check your settings, and make sure your MN-520 is receiving an IP
    address within your LAN (probably 192.168.1.x). You can check this by going
    to the Command Prompt (not Start/Run) and typing in "ipconfig" without the
    quotes. If it is reporting a 169.x.x.x address, then you're not seeing the
    router.

    Chris H., Oct 17, 2006