ATM PVC on Cisco 7140

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Wojciech Kozicki, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. Hello

    In short time I will have to make new router configuration for my Co. The
    new idea is that we will buy from our ISP E3 (34Mbit) which they will give
    us via STM1 in ATM. We Have Cisco 7140 witch correct module.

    We have couple servers, which are connected to ISP by radio link. At the
    moment they simply give some constant bandwidth to servers . In this
    situation we can't balance witch bandwidth betwen servers and this is the
    cause of future changes. When we'll buy E3 link we want to make couple
    PVCs:

    server1 <---> C7140
    server2 <---> C7140

    and one PVC:

    ISP <--STM1--> C7140

    All PVCs will be via STM1. So we take E3 via STM1 to C7140, then we shape
    it, and via the same interface we put bandwidth in pieces to our servers.
    Of course, over ISP's infrastructure.

    My question are:
    1. It is possible ? ;)
    2. I have no experience with ATM - what problems will occur ?
    3. What method of traffic management choose ?
    4. Some sample config will be very helpfull.

    thanks in advance

    regards

    Woj.

    Wojciech Kozicki, Nov 9, 2003