ATM and IMA Question???

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by xxx, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. xxx

    xxx Guest

    I have a 3640 with a 8 port ATM IMA Card.

    I have two ATM links going to the local Telco.

    The links are fine until I ad them to the IMA Group and then they go down.

    What could be wrong with my config?
    interface ATM2/0
    no ip address
    no atm oversubscribe
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    ima-group 1
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/1
    no ip address
    no atm oversubscribe
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    ima-group 1
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/2
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/3
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/4
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/5
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/6
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/7
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no scrambling-payload
    !
    interface ATM2/IMA1
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    ima test
    !
    interface ATM2/IMA1.1 point-to-point
    ip unnumbered Loopback1
    atm route-bridged ip
    pvc 1/1
    encapsulation aal5snap

    xxx, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Yo -

    Do the actual T1's go down or does the group go down? Also..., do the
    ATM links you have support IMA? I thought there was a certain type of
    configuration needed for ATM circuits running in an IMA bundle...

    What does the output of 'show ima int atm2/ima1 detailed' show ya?

    -
    Giovanni Navarrette

    Giovanni Navarrette, Feb 2, 2004

  3. xxx

    xxx Guest

    Well, actuall the line protocol goes down.

    Here is the output of "sh ima int atm2/ima1 detailed":

    Interface ATM2/IMA1 is down
    Group index is 49
    Ne state is insufficientLinks, failure status is insufficientLinksNe
    Active links bitmap 0x0
    IMA Group Current Configuration:
    Tx/Rx configured links bitmap 0x3/0x3
    Tx/Rx minimum required links 1/1
    Maximum allowed diff delay is 25ms, Tx frame length 128
    Ne Tx clock mode CTC, configured timing reference link ATM2/0
    Test pattern procedure is disabled
    Detailed group Information:
    Tx/Rx Ima_id 0x31/0x88, symmetry symmetricOperation
    Number of Tx/Rx configured links 2/2
    Number of Tx/Rx active links 0/0
    Fe Tx clock mode ctc, Rx frame length 128
    Tx/Rx timing reference link 0/3
    Maximum observed diff delay 0ms, least delayed link 1
    Running seconds 85
    GTSM last changed 03:31:04 UTC Sat Mar 6 1993
    IMA Group Current Counters (time elapsed 66 seconds):
    12 Ne Failures, 13 Fe Failures, 84 Unavail Secs
    IMA Group Total Counters (last 0 15 minute intervals):
    0 Ne Failures, 0 Fe Failures, 0 Unavail Secs
    Detailed IMA link Information:

    Interface ATM2/0 is down
    ifIndex 5, Group Index 49, Row Status is active
    Tx/Rx Lid 0/2, relative delay 0ms
    Ne Tx/Rx state unusableNoGivenReason/usable
    Fe Tx/Rx state usable/notInGroup
    Ne Rx failure status is noFailure
    Fe Rx failure status is noFailure
    Rx test pattern 0xFF, test procedure disabled
    IMA Link Current Counters (time elapsed 73 seconds):
    30 Ima Violations, 21 Oif Anomalies
    10 Ne Severely Err Secs, 0 Fe Severely Err Secs
    2 Ne Unavail Secs, 0 Fe Unavail Secs
    93 Ne Tx Unusable Secs, 13 Ne Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Fe Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Fe Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Ne Tx Failures, 2 Ne Rx Failures
    0 Fe Tx Failures, 0 Fe Rx Failures
    IMA Link Total Counters (last 0 15 minute intervals):
    0 Ima Violations, 0 Oif Anomalies
    0 Ne Severely Err Secs, 0 Fe Severely Err Secs
    0 Ne Unavail Secs, 0 Fe Unavail Secs
    0 Ne Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Ne Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Fe Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Fe Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Ne Tx Failures, 0 Ne Rx Failures
    0 Fe Tx Failures, 0 Fe Rx Failures

    Interface ATM2/1 is down
    ifIndex 6, Group Index 49, Row Status is active
    Tx/Rx Lid 1/3, relative delay 0ms
    Ne Tx/Rx state unusableNoGivenReason/usable
    Fe Tx/Rx state usable/notInGroup
    Ne Rx failure status is noFailure
    Fe Rx failure status is noFailure
    Rx test pattern 0xFF, test procedure disabled
    IMA Link Current Counters (time elapsed 22 seconds):
    1 Ima Violations, 1 Oif Anomalies
    1 Ne Severely Err Secs, 0 Fe Severely Err Secs
    0 Ne Unavail Secs, 0 Fe Unavail Secs
    29 Ne Tx Unusable Secs, 1 Ne Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Fe Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Fe Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Ne Tx Failures, 0 Ne Rx Failures
    0 Fe Tx Failures, 0 Fe Rx Failures
    IMA Link Total Counters (last 0 15 minute intervals):
    0 Ima Violations, 0 Oif Anomalies
    0 Ne Severely Err Secs, 0 Fe Severely Err Secs
    0 Ne Unavail Secs, 0 Fe Unavail Secs
    0 Ne Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Ne Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Fe Tx Unusable Secs, 0 Fe Rx Unusable Secs
    0 Ne Tx Failures, 0 Ne Rx Failures
    0 Fe Tx Failures, 0 Fe Rx Failures

    Thanks,

    Mel

    xxx, Feb 2, 2004
  4. xxx

    xxx Guest

    Also, If I do a shut then noshut Debug reports this:

    *Mar 6 03:36:06.722: IMA reset group ATM2/IMA1
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA allocate_channel: ATM2/IMA1 using channel 0.
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA firmware created group ATM2/IMA1, with link bitmap
    0x3
    , timing ref link 0
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA stop AIS on link ATM2/0
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: VNET ifindex 49
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: VNET ifindex 5
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA stop AIS on link ATM2/1
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: VNET ifindex 49
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: VNET ifindex 6
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA config_restart ATM2/IMA1
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.726: IMA restart ATM2/IMA1
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.778: IMA Link up/down Alarm: port 0, new status 0x1,
    old_status
    0x2.
    *Mar 6 03:36:06.782: IMA Link up/down Alarm: port 1, new status 0x1,
    old_status
    0x2.
    *Mar 6 03:36:08.725: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM2/IMA1, changed state to
    up
    *Mar 6 03:36:08.741: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM2/0, changed state to up
    *Mar 6 03:36:13.072: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM2/IMA1, changed state to
    down

    *Mar 6 03:36:15.147: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM2/0, changed state to
    down

    The interface seems to come up for just a sec then go down.

    xxx, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Hello, xxx!
    You wrote on Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:47:19 -0500:

    x> The interface seems to come up for just a sec then go down.

    Are you sure that VPI/VCI pair given to you by ISP is 1/1?

    With best regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Feb 2, 2004
  6. xxx

    xxx Guest

    I am the ISP.

    I'm trying to configure the ATM T1's to work with a IMA Group.

    Mel

    xxx, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Yo -

    How about 'show controllers atm2/ima1'?

    Right now it looks like that maybe the far-end equipment doesn't like
    binding these 2 T1's. I know for our IMA bundle both ends needed to be
    setup for IMA bonding (which T1's are allowed to bond, interfaces,
    scrambling, etc).

    -
    Giovanni Navarrette

    Giovanni Navarrette, Feb 2, 2004
  8. xxx

    Mel Guest

    The FE at the Telco is a Alcatell Switch and the Telco had to enable
    "compatibility Mode"
    for that Unit.

    Thanks,

    Mel