ATi or nVidia what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Jun 26, 2005.

?

ATi or nVidia

  1. ATi

    85.4%
  2. nVidia

    14.6%
  1. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I ended up getting a Foxconn 590 SLI motherboard since it went on sale with a $70 rebate. The final price will be around $90. I also ended up with a short-term solution of a videocard to get the system up and running. I bought an MSI 8600 GTS OC card for about $150 (it's $20 cheaper right now at newegg). This card runs DirectX 10 games (not very well, as no videocard runs them well at this point) but more importantly it runs the DirectX 9c games just fine. I could get a second one for SLI gaming, but this system will end up with high-end videocards; I suspect I'll wait until the fall when the new 9800 cards come out from nVidia.

    bigal, Aug 27, 2007