ATi or nVidia what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Jun 26, 2005.

?

ATi or nVidia

  1. ATi

    85.4%
  2. nVidia

    14.6%
  1. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    ,,i,, Yeah, it's japanese. And how many Harleys can reach 340km/h?

    XhArD, Nov 12, 2005

  2. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    about 1, al's :D

    unholy, Nov 13, 2005

  3. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Good luck to him.

    XhArD, Nov 13, 2005
  4. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Uh, you really are being a clueless dolt. Harley Davidson has won more races than any other manufacturer in history. Besides which, I never mentioned Harley, Al did. My pic is of a 1947 Indian Chief, not a Harley. Furthermore, we could also talk Triumph and other non-Japanese bikes and come up with even more amazing specs and race results.

    The Modfather, Nov 13, 2005
  5. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Didn't say you mentioned a Harley. I was comparing the "inferior" japanese bike to a "superior" American bike. And the race staticstics hold no weight here at all. I wasn't saying Harleys suck, I wasn't saying Japanese bikes rock. I was pointing out that the capabilites of this bike are pretty damn cool.

    XhArD, Nov 13, 2005
  6. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know...

    .....I'm not claiming a Harley is the greatest racebike or anything. Sure, they make that new V-rod Destroyer that is real quick, but there is something else about a Harley that sets it apart.
    I used to ride Hondas back in the 1970's and 1980's. I had four of them. They were good bikes, but they didn't have a soul. My new Harley Fat Boy has a soul. You can hear it, you can feel it. That's a hard thing to tell someone, and I didn't believe it until I actually rode one back in April of this year (that same day I put money down to buy one).
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    .........................This is the Destroyer...............................................and this is a 2006 Fat Boy.........................

    bigal, Nov 13, 2005
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    the busa's have something harleys dont, the ability to attach a 30 PSi turbo and prevent from staying down on the road after changing gears :D

    unholy, Nov 14, 2005
  8. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    The only reason some of the Harleys stay down is because of the weight Unholy. the power put out from those things is amazing, but the power isn't what I like about bikes. It's the ability to control it by leaning, and the extreme acceleration and speed that they can reach. As much as I admire the Harleys for the craftsmanship that makes them so cool, I still reckon the speed and acceleration of a GSX-R 1000 or Busa takes place over a Harley.

    XhArD, Nov 14, 2005
  9. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You guys are thinking that all Harleys are of the type you think of when you think of Choppers or full dress bikes, Harley has a whole other style of bike built specifically for racing and it does everything you want and then some.

    The Modfather, Nov 14, 2005
  10. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lets talk about this "then some" :D

    unholy, Nov 14, 2005
  11. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    The buel would be one. Is that how you spell it? Buel, bule.... i dunno. It's a bit of a favourite for the Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagles class at the drag strip over here.

    XhArD, Nov 15, 2005
  12. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's Buel...

    ...and those are sport bikes for the most part. I didn't even look at them, nor any other bike, when I was shopping back in April. Sometimes you know what you want, and everything else doesn't matter.

    Hey, look at me now. I'm a super moderator! I am all-powerful. I cannot be stopped...and....what? Ok dear, I'll make you a cup of tea. Yes dear, I'll get right on it. Just give me a minute to finish this posting. What's that? Do it now? Yes dear....

    Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
    bigal, Nov 15, 2005
  13. unholy

    akachwala

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is Ammar

    I like ati cards against nvidia.The ATI crossfire setup seems to have a better way for rendering with the two cards and its crossfire should beat the SLI systems easily and it has a good driver setup.Also nvidia have the performance per card setup covered. But i still think it would be as good as ati.

    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
    akachwala, Sep 14, 2006
  14. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I prefer the driver updates that nVidia supports. ATI has always been a pain for me with their Catalyst Control Center. Sometimes that software would just not run on one of my machines.

    But you know what? They are both good.

    bigal, Sep 15, 2006
  15. unholy

    vgian31

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    ATI card caused me many problems in Windows. Not to mention that there is no driver support for Linux Mandrake. Restarts were taking place suddenly and neither ATI catalyst driver could solve the problem, nor the older drivers that came with the installation cd.

    vgian31, Oct 30, 2006
  16. unholy

    nickphipps

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Currently running an Intel dual-core E6600 with an nVidia 7959 GX2...

    It's teh 5h17! :loo:

    nickphipps, Oct 31, 2006
  17. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    nickphipps, what type of PSU are you using? Any issues powering that dual card with a dual-core CPU?

    bigal, Oct 31, 2006
  18. unholy

    trexmkii

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ati

    Defintly ATI...
    I tried both and I found that ATI is a lot more stable...

    trexmkii, Jul 25, 2007
  19. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If I go with ATI and get the 2900 XT videocard, what AMD motherboard should I get that allows crossfire configuration? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3 GHz) just waiting for the motherboard purchase... :rockon:

    bigal, Jul 26, 2007
  20. unholy

    DarkWartexx

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Toronto
    nVidia allows you to play command and conquer generals and some other famous games
    so i'm sticking with it. and it has better performances

    DarkWartexx, Aug 26, 2007