ATi or nVidia what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Jun 26, 2005.

?

ATi or nVidia

  1. ATi

    85.4%
  2. nVidia

    14.6%
  1. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I was wondering why you always started your posts with ... for ages until I saw the post subject thing. No one uses that except you so I almost never read it, and didn't know what you were continuing from :p

    XhArD, Nov 4, 2005

  2. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's also my...

    ...style now. I am unique in the world of forum posting. Big Al shall become legend at some point.

    bigal, Nov 4, 2005

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    wat do u mean ""become"", you are :D

    unholy, Nov 4, 2005
  4. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What about you?

    I've noticed your dedication to the sport...er...hobby....er.....past time too. Aren't your parents wondering why you spend so much time on the Internet? :p

    bigal, Nov 7, 2005
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    they think i am playing games... lol :D

    unholy, Nov 7, 2005
  6. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I use quick reply most of the time so I don't even get to...

    ...use that silly thing.
    MPC and CPU magazines are in accord in all their head-to-head reviews of the new ATI board vs. the 6800 GTX... The 6800 simply wins hands down in most categories I'm afraid. So that's till the way to go. And on top of that, before you can get all the latest driver updates, fixes and what not for this new ATI board, NVidia will have its next generation of card out.

    The Modfather, Nov 7, 2005
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    sure u dont mean the 7800gtx?
    The reason it does is because of its special features liek. Built in Shader for Shadow Maps. Reflective shaders and some others. Really useful but not so much worth the money they spent on getting it all perfectly working, because now games crash if that doesn't work. Unless handled properly by the error handler.
    If i was to get a new graphics card i would probably get a nvidia but the 6800 gt's are pretty expensive and i dont know which brand to get. :|

    unholy, Nov 8, 2005
  8. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't understand...

    ...why the 7800 series is already dropping in price.  You can get a 7800 GT out here for around $350US, and the 6800 GT is around $280 to $300US.  I would rather get the 7800 series for that small step up in price.
    I too am not sure which brand to purchase, although I'm not looking for one right now.  It appears that BFG makes good cards.  eVGA seems like they are consistantly lower priced, and I bet there is a reason for that.

    bigal, Nov 8, 2005
  9. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, I meant 7800 GTX...
    I'd get the BFG OC edition, it's got the best scores of all the manufacturers out there. As for games crashing, if they do, disable the feature but for those that don't it makes a major difference. And to be truthful, if the game doesn't work right it should get patched. Driver updates will help too.

    The Modfather, Nov 8, 2005
  10. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i hate it when games dont work on 486's, just pisses me off :D...
    I would like to get a BFG, problem one. where do i get one in AU :|

    unholy, Nov 8, 2005
  11. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Who cares? Why are you so obsessed with getting stuff in your own country? Order it online direct from the manufacturer or another source. Do you think they've got those cards in my city? Hell no. I have to order it online if I want it. The stores here are usually a year behind in the technology they have in stock. I asked about the G7 mouse at the local Worst Buy, guy didn't even know what I was talking about, said the latest mouse out was the MX1000. Morons!

    The Modfather, Nov 9, 2005
  12. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You have the ability to buy online, it's not quite so simple for me and Unholy. Neither of us have credit cards, nor do we have much experience with online transactions. The payment methods offered probably do suit us in one way or another, but just the fact that we don't use net stores often kinda puts us off straight away.

    XhArD, Nov 10, 2005
  13. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well that's too bad. I don't have any credit cards either. I just use paypal attached to my checking account, works just fine. Not all online stores accept it but enough do that I can get most of what I need. Nothing to stop you from doing that.

    The Modfather, Nov 10, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    well to give u one idea of my ability of money retrivial, its EFTPOS or Get my mum to withdraw it from the bank.

    unholy, Nov 10, 2005
  15. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Lesson for today....

    This is why you stay in school, go to college, and get that 4-year degree. Then you'll be able to land a decent job and afford all the things your family will want. You know, a house, a couple of cars, and some computer stuff too! Hey, maybe, if you're lucky......even a Harley!
    :wave: :wave:
    [​IMG]
    :wave: :wave:

    bigal, Nov 11, 2005
  16. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I'd rather a Busa :p A bike has to lean for me, nothing else will cut it.

    XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  17. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Bah... Lean on this you peon!
    [​IMG]

    The Modfather, Nov 11, 2005
  18. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mmm yer Hayabusa's :D
    [​IMG]

    unholy, Nov 12, 2005
  19. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Actually, I changed my mind. i want Ghost Rider's Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Fully carbon fibre, turbo, 285 BHP :shock: Top speed of 340km/h (211mph)

    XhArD, Nov 12, 2005
  20. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Blasphemy! Get yer riceburner ass out of here now or die!

    The Modfather, Nov 12, 2005