    It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
    A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 29, 2010

  2. Carlos

    Drew Guest

    Thanks as always Carlos.. now lets see if I can get that 7.4 just a little
    higher..

    Drew, Apr 29, 2010

  3. Carlos

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Apr 30, 2010
  4. Carlos

    Jim Guest

    Sorry about the last empty post.

    Thanks Carlos. I am starting to depend on you for the update
    notices. <g>

    BTW, I've never thanked you appropriately for recommending SlySoft's
    AnyDVD HD. It really works well! I have a new monitor, which does
    have HDCP, but you have to toggle it on and off. With SlySoft, I just
    forget about it. SlySoft takes care of everything. I have *never*
    failed for it to work perfectly.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 30, 2010
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Jim,
    You are quite welcome.
    Something I have noticed about this new driver release is that a reboot is
    needed after installing it. Somehow the screen resolution goes nuts and only
    a reboot gets it back to normal. Tried it on 3 different PC's. That didn't
    happen with prior versions. Other than that, no issues so far.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 30, 2010
  6. Carlos

    James Kosin Guest

    Carlos,

    What is probably happening is a lower level driver needed replacing.
    Most of the times they can get the higher level drivers for the video to
    install and start-up easily and they are usually compatible with the
    older lower level drivers.... What was happening was a small
    incompatibility with the older lower level drivers that can't be
    replaced until the system reboots and the higher level drivers.

    ;-)

    James.

    James Kosin, Apr 30, 2010
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    James,
    Your explanations sounds logical.
    It didn't disturb me much in two of the three installations.
    The "two" ones were in PC's with LCD monitors attached via DVI and VGA.
    The "third" (annoying) one was in my custom made home theater PC connected
    via HDMI.
    The driver installation caused a blue (not BSOD, just "no signal") screen on
    the TV so I had to figure out when the driver had finished installing and
    then press the reset button.
    Driver installed fine.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 30, 2010
  8. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Jim,
    There's a new kid in the block, competing with AnyDVD HD.
    It is DVDFab Passkey:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/en/passkey.htm
    Freeware while it is in beta stage.
    I wonder what the final price will be.
    I have not tested it, though.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 30, 2010
  9. Interesting, though I'm not sure why I'd want to move to it over the SlySoft
    product, given I already paid for that and they seem quite concientious
    about updating it. But it's always good to see other folks doing this.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 30, 2010