    Hope this helps you out.

    "Drew" wrote in message
    Just out of curiosity which settings did you change?

    Kue2, Mar 30, 2011

  2. NCIX has a Sandforce, 120 GB, drive on sale this week for a very good price
    (<$200 CAD). Ordered mine. Will see what that does to the overall
    responsiveness of this new box. (Plus a pair of 500 GB SATA3 drives at under
    $40 each to replace the SATA2 drives for data disks on this box. )

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 1, 2011

  3. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Charlie
    Where did you buy up your Sata 3 drives?

    Kue2, Apr 1, 2011
  4. NCIX.com. They're "local" to me, and have as good a prices as anyone in
    Canada, generally. They also ship to the US. The SATA3 drives are Seagates,
    which I'm not happy about, but I figure at this price, I don't care. They'll
    be backed up every day to Windows Home Server so I'm not too concerned.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=58611&vpn=ST3500413AS&manufacture=Seagate&promoid=1306

    Of course, I just sent back another failed Seagate last week. And to think,
    they used to be the best in the business. Sigh.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 2, 2011
  5. Drew

    barb bowman Guest

    my remanufactured/refurbished Seagate drives received from RMA's are starting to
    fail now. Just came back from sending one of those back. these things apparently
    have a life of about 1 year...

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com