ATI 11.2's are out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Drew, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Drew, Feb 27, 2011

  2. Drew

    Carlos Guest

    Hi Drew,
    I installed 11.2's last week with no issues so far.
    December update had given me lots of problems but these newer ones
    look good.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 1, 2011

  3. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Wow there is life in this group LOL. I had a few glitches with December's as
    well, we will see if these work a little smoother.

    Drew, Mar 2, 2011
  4. Drew

    John Turco Guest

    John Turco, Mar 4, 2011
  5. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Hi John.. somebody needs to liven things up around here.. It is too quiet
    anymore. It sucks that Microsoft chose to do what they did. Understandable
    but it still sucks!

    Drew, Mar 5, 2011
  6. yup. Sucks. no other word for it.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Mar 7, 2011
  7. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Well at least 4 of us are still kicking!!

    Drew, Mar 8, 2011
  8. Drew

    Richard Guest

    Nope, it's 5
    --
    Richard

    Richard, Mar 8, 2011
  9. Drew

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Add one more!

    --
    _________________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    _________________

    Bill Sharpe, Mar 8, 2011
  10. Drew

    Carlos Guest

    I AM still here!!!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 8, 2011
  11. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Geez Carlos you were in the original 4 but dang glad to hear there is even
    more of us stragglers here then I thought. Here's to hoping we all stay
    here. Cheer's to all!

    Drew, Mar 9, 2011
  12. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2 be here still too.

    Kue2, Mar 9, 2011
  13. Drew

    John Turco Guest

    You're right, Drew. Nevertheless, I'll keep monitoring this newsgroup, till
    it dies completely.

    John Turco, Mar 9, 2011
  14. Drew

    barb bowman Guest

    hiding in the shadows and lurking..

    barb bowman, Mar 9, 2011
  15. Yeah, I just finally built a new box. First decent one in a couple of years.
    1090 Black hex core, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1690 video card on a good Gigabyte
    mainboard. Only weak links at this point are the conventional SATA2 hard
    drives. Need to buy new SATA3 and probably an SSD for the boot. But that
    will wait until next month. Meanwhile, rebuilding everything is a PAIN.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Mar 27, 2011
  16. Yup, the only expensive thing in my list was that video card. Same chipset
    mobo. And just trying to be patient until I can throw some newer SATA3 HDs
    at it, Or SDDs, if I have a good gig. ;)

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Mar 28, 2011
  17. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Charlie & RC

    Here's the "new Rig" I put together over XMAS 2010

    SSD is small waiting for them to come down in price.
    Picked up a USB 3.0 My Book external drive to store files

    Intel I-7 cpu 950 Lga 1366

    Asus mb (p6X58D-E)

    Intel ssd drive 120GB X25-M Sata

    Corsair memory Dominnator 12GB (3x4gb) speed 1600 with air flow fan

    Kingwin powersupply (Lazer 1000w active PFC)

    Antec case 1200-Full Tower

    ATI graphics card Radeon HD 5770 (Sapphire Vapor-x 1GB GDDR5) )

    lite-on dvd with Labeltag drive

    Linksys usb stick

    Windows 7 Professional Operating System

    WEI Scores:

    Component Details Subscore Base score Determined by lowest subscore 7.4

    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 7.5
    Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB 7.5
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 7.4
    Gaming graphics 6907 MB Total available graphics memory 7.4
    Primary hard disk 60GB Free (112GB Total) 7.7
    Windows 7 Professional

    The ssd is amazing

    Kue2, Mar 29, 2011
  18. Drew

    Drew Guest

    It makes me a little jealous hearing about the new rigs but, well I guess my
    old machine still does all right then
    Intel "bad axe" d975xbx2kr mainboard.
    Intel q6600 7.1 wei
    4gigs ddr2 800 7.1
    Twin ATI Sapphire toxic 4850s 7.4
    gaming graphics 7.4
    primary hard disk Intel x25 ssd as of last year but scores a 7.4
    Thermaltake Armor full tower with 3 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans
    Antec 550 power
    1 liteon dvd burner
    1 liteon dvd rom
    running 4 seagate barracuda's for storage.

    This 4+ year old box still rocks with win7 pro.. Heck it ran Vista business
    well too. I think I will hold off until windows 8 just to see what is out
    then upgrade.

    Drew, Mar 29, 2011
  19. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Drew

    I was getting 7.4 for my Intel ssd until I changed "both" settings in the
    bios.
    I had it only changed in one place & was only getting 7.4.
    You might also have to update bios to the latest.....
    The Antec case has 5 -120mm fans & one big boy 200mm on the top.
    Side panel door has place for another 120mm fan & also another 120 fan
    in holder of 2nd drive bay(all fans 120mm & big boy 200mm are lit.
    Lots of air-flow
    Ram has 2 small fans on top of it if & when I over clock.

    Kue2, Mar 29, 2011
  20. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Just out of curiosity which settings did you change?

    Drew, Mar 30, 2011