    (one per port) or to support multiple phones on one service?

    Or perhaps both depending on config??

    TIA,

    Mark, Jul 20, 2005

  2. The SPA-3000 is noticably lower REN than my BT line. It struggles
    to ring all the phones, whereas the BT line has no problem at all.
    I am probably around a total REN of 4 though, maybe a little over.

    There's a parameter "FXS Port Power Limit" which I've tried changing,
    but it makes no difference I can detect. There's also a setting for
    ring voltage, which I haven't tried changing yet (set to default 70V).

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 20, 2005

  3. I read in a manual that one of mine was REN=5
    the former. If you want 5 phones on one service you buy a stack of one
    plug to 3 socket adapters or the like :)
    possibly. Most two socket jobs run two accounts. There's a one
    socket-two account device too.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Mark

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The Sipura range (SPA-2000 etc. are typically REN 3 per port, as opposed
    to 4 on a BT line.

    Re. multiple ports, each is configurable separately in most cases.
    Not usually, although the Fritz!Box Fon from AVM can be configured to
    allow phones connected to both ports to ring simultaneously if a call
    comes in on any or all lines connected, including a fixed (analogue or
    ISDN) line.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Try changing the ring voltage to 90v.

    Paul Westwell, Jul 21, 2005
  6. A BT line is a minimum of 4. Most BT lines will actually be
    quite a bit higher, unless you are on a maximum length line
    from the exchange.

    (Fond memories of taking prototype telephone apparatus up
    to Baynard House to get BT to tell us what REN number we
    could stick on it... ;-)

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 22, 2005