    Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?

    Cheers,

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Martin

    Sean Guest

    What settings do you have for PSTN Disconnect Detection in PSTN tab

    Sean, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Sean,
    My settings are:

    PSTN Disconnect Detection
    Detect CPC: yes
    Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    Detect VoIP Long Silence: no
    PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    Min CPC Duration: 0.09
    Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    Disconnect Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)

    I'll look these up in the manual!
    Thanks for this and any further pointers.

    Another possibility is that hostile Internet traffic is hitting by ATA
    device. I guess I could set the router to block traffic to/from the ATA's
    IP address except to/from my provider Gradwell... but I'm having trouble
    remembering how this stuff all works anyway, e.g. whether all traffic
    passes through Gradwell or some of it goes direct.

    Cheers

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 26, 2006
  4. I've got: No
    This should be 0.085 on BT network,
    but that's not the cause of the problem here.
    You could try turning this off. I do have in on,
    but I've no evidence it works at all -- if I
    disable "Detect CPC", then the call doesn't drop
    on hearing the disconnect tone.

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Thanks for that - very helpful to know what settings other SPA3000 users have.

    The call drops seem to have been cured after fiddling with these settings. I
    now have:

    PSTN Disconnect Detection
    Detect CPC: no
    Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    Detect VoIP Long Silence: yes
    PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    Min CPC Duration: 0.09
    Detect Disconnect Tone: no
    Disconnect Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)

    This seems to be OK in that it drops outbound calls, both VOIP and PSTN, as
    soon as I hang up (i.e. I've rung my cellphone and seen the call close on the
    cellphone as soon as I hang up at my end). I guess it's possible that inwards
    calls might not clear down very quickly, but this doesn't seem to be causing
    problems (e.g. I can make repeated inward calls from my cellphone in quick
    succession).

    Cheers,

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 30, 2006