    I've seen ATAs that provide a PSTN pass-through if the power fails, but is
    there an ATA that can be set to default to the PSTN line and only use the
    VoIP service having dialled a prefix?

    Phil, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Phil

    JuliusP Guest

    The sipura 3000 will do this, you can describe your own dial plans, so
    say anything beginning with a zero will go out the PSTN, whilst
    anything beginning with a 9 will go out via VoIP

    www.sipura.com

    JuliusP, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Phil

    Martin² Guest

    On the new Zyxel 2602HWL router you can dial a prefix (of your choice) on
    either VoIP 'line' to use PSTN line and it will default to PSTN line case of
    power failure.
    Possibly it could be set up the other way ? Must RTFM...
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 21, 2005
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Cheers for that, but was unsure if it was possible. I suppose it can be
    programmed to route all calls via PSTN unless, say, # is dialed?

    Phil, Jun 21, 2005