ATA: Cheapest ATA

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Can anyone advise:

    (1) - Cheapest ATA
    (2) - Cheapest ATA supporting POTS line and multiple SIP service
    provider accounts

    Thank in advance and best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found assuming my
    understanding of its specification / capabilities is correct - the MG3 at
    $29.99 from voicestick.com.

    News Reader, Jul 21, 2006

  2. News Reader

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Not the cheapest but www.avm.de/en will do what you want and is IMHO the
    best which is more important.
    $..? This is a UK group..

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2006

  3. News Reader

    M.Dexter Guest

    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    M.Dexter, Jul 21, 2006
  4. News Reader

    alexd Guest

    Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically ban the mention of any
    country other than the UK, and the use of any currency symbols other than £
    to avoid confusion?

    alexd, Jul 21, 2006
  5. News Reader

    Ivor Jones Guest

    You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting a ban, I am merely curious as to
    why someone is mentioning prices in $ in a uk group.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Reads like a spammer to me, especially when you look at the thread below.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 21, 2006
  7. News Reader

    My Name Guest

    He was quoting an ad from an American web site.

    My Name, Jul 21, 2006
  8. News Reader

    My Name Guest

    The gadget in question is sold for, AFAIR, $29.99

    It is compatible with use in the UK.

    Now, my question is this:
    Can the MG3 be used with other VOIP services, or is it locked into
    Voice Stick?

    My Name, Jul 21, 2006
  9. News Reader

    David Floyd Guest

    Do you mean that you have NEVER bought online something priced in $ or €

    David Floyd, Jul 21, 2006
  10. News Reader

    Ivor Jones Guest

    No, never.

    Ivor

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2006
  11. News Reader

    elk Guest

    Fortunately one individual cannot amend a charter it takes a vote organised in
    the prescribed manor, even if that person thinks they own the group.

    elk, Jul 21, 2006
  12. The simplest Fritz box from AVM ranks among the cheapest out there that
    handles a number of SIP accounts plus a standard phone line. You can program
    it to always route calls to certain numbers over certain accounts including
    the POTS line. Handy for 999 calls. I've had one for around a year and it
    seems pretty bulletproof.

    S.

    Stephen Peterson, Jul 23, 2006
  13. News Reader

    Stan Goodman Guest

    Well, hardly EVERRRRR.
    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

    How to convince others that you are tolerant and nonviolent: throw
    grenades and firebombs, blow up schoolbusses and pizzerias, burn
    buildings, decapitate those you can't convince, and in general,
    exhibit your narrow-minded bloodthirstiness for all to see -- and tell
    them you're doing it for God.

    Stan Goodman, Aug 10, 2006
  14. News Reader

    AnotherZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    AnotherZoomUser, Aug 10, 2006
  15. News Reader

    Ivor Jones Guest

    What part of "no, never" did you not understand..?

    BTW was it really necessary to quote the entire thread to add one line..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 10, 2006
  16. Don't be a pratt, he was quoting the Mikado.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 10, 2006
  17. News Reader

    Stan Goodman Guest

    Sorry. My brief "comment" was intended to lighten up an excessively
    ponderous and pompous discussion. Your line and mine together are a
    quotation from "HMS Pinafore", a humorous operetta by W. S. Gilbert
    and Arthur Sullivan -- Brits whose works are still performed regularly
    in Britain. In my naivete, I thought it would be recognized at once by
    most literate participants in a UK forum -- and I was probably right
    in that. I regret that I didn't mark it with an asterisk and put a
    blibliographical footnote at the bottom of the posting. I just
    couldn't resist that allusion.

    Mea culpa. (That's Latin. It is an admission of guilt. Translated to
    English, it is "The guilt is mine".) I had already detected, on my
    first visit, that you are the recognized Kapo of the forum, and I
    should have behaved accordingly.

    Stan Goodman, Aug 10, 2006
  18. News Reader

    Stan Goodman Guest

    Thank you.

    I think it was Pinafore, no? Isn't the line a few lines back "And
    we're never
    never sick at sea"?

    Stan Goodman, Aug 10, 2006
  19. News Reader

    Brian Guest

    [Snip]
    'The fault is mine' is a more traditional translation.

    I had already detected, on my
    Are you intending to contest the office of Mayor of London?

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 10, 2006
  20. Sorry, brain-dead moment for a second. You are absolutely right.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 11, 2006