    either would be very much appreciated? The old argument of DSL vs. Cable
    is also welcomed.

    Thanks for taking the time to share!

    Mark Williams, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Mark Williams

    Pepperoni Guest

    I use Comcast, with no complaints except the price. I also use it to run
    Vonage for phone service. Combined cable TV, HSI internet and phone runs
    slightly less than $100 a month. Comcast doesn't seem to mind how many PCs
    you run. I use a router and often run 2-3 PCs at once. (apartment house)
    My current tested speed is 839.2 Kbps (104.9 KBps), which is typical. I
    don't get much variation in speed.

    I really don't think you need all that speed for personal use. Comcast
    *DOES* object to commercial venture run on their residential lines. After
    using dial up, their lowest priced offering should amaze you.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Mark Williams

    James Baber Guest

    Jim Baber's response to

    Mark Williams
    My next door neighbor is using SBC's DSL service and I am
    using Comcast cables service. Both are faster than the
    numbers you are quoting, with the Comcast about 10% faster,
    but it is more expensive now. (wasn't before) My comcast is
    varying between 3.5 and 5 Mbps depending on time of day in
    both directions.
    --
    Jim Baber
    Email

    James Baber, Dec 31, 2004
  4. Mark Williams

    Trent© Guest

    Potential? I have the POTENTIAL to be President! lol

    Find out their average download speeds. Do a Google search for those
    numbers. Asking here in one group will only get you limited, minute
    information.

    Only compare current results with current results. DON'T compare
    potential.
    You can purchase higher speeds. However, you'll probably download 90%
    of the time...and upload 10%. I wouldn't worry too much about upload
    speeds...unless yer not an average user.
    I use neither. Do a Google.
    My DSL rate has gone down each year the last couple of years. My
    cable (for TV) has gone up every year. Has your cable bill ever gone
    DOWN?! lol

    My upload speed was just doubled by my DSL provider...at no additional
    charge. Ever hear of the cable company giving you something for
    nothing like that?

    Nuff said?
    Welcome.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 1, 2005
  5. Mark Williams

    me Guest

    Yeah Cox did it a few months ago.They upgraded us from 1.5 down to 4.0 down
    at no extra cost. unbelieveable but true.

    me, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Mark Williams

    Gregg Fowler Guest

    Don't know about the comparisons, but I have Comcast Cable in Nashville, TN
    and have had great service. My speed on the internet is typically around 2.3
    for surfing, but download files much faster. I have no complaints at all
    other than its not free.

    Gregg

    Gregg Fowler, Jan 1, 2005
  7. Mark Williams

    Trent© Guest

    Our cable has gone up at least once a year...most times TWICE...until
    Direct TV hit town. We haven't had a rate increase since!! lol

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 1, 2005
  8. Mark Williams

    Trent© Guest

    Get a router for your neighbor...then share! lol

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 1, 2005