    the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Rita Berkowitz

    Matt Ion Guest

    Why do all these picture pages say "Best viewed full size to be awed by
    the D3's magical properties," but only provide a 1024x768 version? Is
    0.8MP all the D3 is capable of? I'd really like to be awed, but it's
    kinda hard at VGA resolution.

    At least this one isn't badly over-sharpened.

    And say, why is there never any EXIF on these pics? Afraid people will
    find out it's a camera-phone?

    Matt Ion, Mar 11, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And how much do you get paid to advertise?

    Ray Fischer, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    Focus Guest

    That is amazing. Although it's not a 100% crop, there's little or no noise
    visible.
    Another amazing thing:

    When I was a kid (many, many moons ago) I had a dog and his name was: Remy!
    My sister named him after a boy in a book, called "Alone in the world" by
    Hector Malot (1830-1907) a French writer. The real name was spelled Rémi,
    but we kids didn't care.
    He was colored like a Doberman, but much friendlier and smaller...
    He wasn't very well trained either, so my father called him a "rather" dog.
    When someone would ask what that was, he said: " It's a dog that would
    rather pee against your leg, then listen to you".

    Just thought it was strange, since I never saw this name before.

    I wonder where you got that name from?

    Focus, Mar 11, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    Noons Guest

    Noons, Mar 11, 2008
  7. ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
    Any higher resolution will show up all the noise and unsharpness
    and lacking photoshop capabilities of Rita.

    Just like dim candlelight, thick makeup and much beer can turn
    any not-so-attractive face into something much more resembling
    "youth" and "beauty". It's magical!
    It's because the 10k or so (including thumbnails) would really
    bloat up that 170k JPEG ...

    At least this time there's nothing enough out of focus for
    Rita's trademark bad bokeh. It's an improvement.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 11, 2008
  8. Rita Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........(snore).......zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZz
    z...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....zzzzzzzzz.......(p-p-p-ph-h-h-a-a-a-r-r-rt-t-t).......
    ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....(yawn)...zzzzzzzzzzz....

    George Kerby, Mar 11, 2008
  9. Rita Berkowitz

    Jon Pope Guest

    ITS BECAUSE RITA THE WHORE WAS BANNED FROM PBASE

    Jon Pope, Mar 11, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    Mike Guest

    But isn't the pimply canine chin meant to be the centre of focus? After all - it is right at the 1/3 x 1/3 sweet spot
    on the image.

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 11, 2008
  11. Yeah, it is amazing and it's been getting a really good workout for
    nighttime photography. Just for that it was worth getting.
    What a coincidence. When Remy was young he actually peed on my friend's
    leg.
    Actually it is very common.
    It is short for Remington, though that isn't his actual AKC registered name.
    It's better than calling him "Dog".

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 12, 2008
  12. Rita Berkowitz

    ____ Guest

    What a coincidence. When Remy was young he actually peed on my friend's
    leg.
    [/QUOTE]

    I love doggies, they like me. I have a funny follow up; my cousin had a
    Jack Russell she brought to my mothers house on a visit. After a little
    convincing from my aunt the dog was let inside only to lift his leg on a
    fake floral arrangement just inside the front door as he was let into
    the house...needless to say some eyebrows raised on that one....dogs you
    just gotta love them :)

    ____, Mar 13, 2008
  13. Rita Berkowitz

    Bob Remeaux Guest