    security to deal with? Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    Thanks,
    fredm

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Clark Guest

    Did you scan for networks, and if so what did you see? Did you find the
    network, did it show a security setting, could you see the SSID?

    Does you friend use MAC address filtering?

    Normally, you scan for a network, pick the one you want and click connect.
    You should be presented with an option to set up a profile or something that
    asks about security or something.

    I don't understand the part about the wireless icon. Do you not show a
    wireless connection in Network Connections whenever you have the wireless
    card installed?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005