ASUS PC Probe II for Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Guest

    Kue2 Guest

    Does the probe work on any asus MB?

    Kue2, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Guest

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    Thanks for the update. Probe II version 10408 works fine on the Asus
    A8N-E and M2N-E motherboards running Vista x64. I'll try the new version
    later tonight. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Thanks, Carlos. Any indication that it might work on some other ASUS boards?
    I don't have the A8N, but I still have a couple of 64-bit ASUS machines...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007
  6. ah, if they've got the new one, that's encouraging. Thanks.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2007
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Version 1.04.12 is on the download site for my motherboard P5WDG2 WS Pro and
    it works fine with my Vista Ultimate x64 Swedish Edition.

    /Max
    Stockholm

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007
  8. It's also on the download site for my A8V Deluxe, but when loading, the
    installer says, "not for this MB".

    John

    Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

    John Hollingsworth, Mar 30, 2007
  9. Darn! That's one of my Asus x64 boxes. :(

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2007
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hmm... Something is wrong here.
    It should work with A8V mobo.
    I've seen those mobos around the net and the sellers clearly state that PC
    Probe runs on them.
    Giving a shot would not hurt.
    Carlos

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007
  11. yeah, I'll give it a shot when I'm back in the office.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2007
  12. Guest

    Kue2 Guest

    On asus site today I found the Probe 2 for my asus K8V-SE Deluxe. Charlie
    yours is probably up there too.

    Kue2, Mar 30, 2007
  13. Guest

    Kue2 Guest

    I d/led the version of probe 2 for my MB but it will not install. (acpi
    error message).

    Kue2, Mar 30, 2007
  14. The earlier Probe 2.24.10 works fine on the A8V Deluxe.

    John Hollingsworth, Mar 31, 2007
  15. Withdraw. Sorry that's utter rubbish, wrong OS :-(

    John Hollingsworth, Mar 31, 2007
  16. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    PC Probe 2 is not functional with A8V family mainboards, I checked it myself
    due to having an A8V here.

    Dshai, Mar 31, 2007
  17. Guest

    Guest Guest

    PCProbe II is in version 1. THIS is the functional one.
    PCProbe I is in version 2. THIS is the non-functional one.
    Carlos

    Guest, Mar 31, 2007
  18. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    Very true Carlos, but that's still PC Probe not PC Probe II, Probe II won't
    work on the A8V family of mainboards, I tried both downloads under the Probe
    Version 2 listing.

    Dshai, Mar 31, 2007
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Dshai:
    So, the conclusion would be...
    ASUS PC Probe II works on NForce based motherboards (those with an "N", like
    A8N) and Intel mobos.
    Doesn't seem to like to VIA chipset based ones (those with a "V", like A8V).
    Carlos

    Guest, Mar 31, 2007
  20. Guest

    Mike Guest

    I have a K8N E Deluxe MB and when installing PC Probe II i got immediately
    the message that this MB is NOT supported....I tried before with ealier
    versions of PC Probe II and got always the same message...Strange as PC
    Probe II is now mentioned as dowlaod for the K8N E Deluxe on Asus' site

    Mike, Apr 1, 2007