    elsamo Guest

    Looking for comments on ASUS notebooks, a friend is looking at buying
    one. Any good or something to avoid?

    elsamo, Dec 15, 2004

  2. elsamo

    SNOman Guest

    My last two have been ASUS. Currently using an M2E. I've had very good
    experiences with both and at the time of buying they were excellent
    value for money. Not sure how this would stack up with current pricing
    models though.

    SNOman, Dec 15, 2004
  4. elsamo

    Nik Coughin Guest

    I have one ~8 months old. Great machine. Interesting to note that the
    model I bought hasn't dropped much in price since then though.

    Nik Coughin, Dec 15, 2004
  5. elsamo

    Nik Coughin, Dec 15, 2004
  6. elsamo

    Peter Ingham Guest

    Avoid like the plague.

    Cheap to buy.

    I bought one 3 years ago,
    It spent several weeks over the time being repaired (4 different
    faults).
    One fault was never fixed.
    3 months ago the Li-on battery failed. Asus no longer make or supply
    this consumable item, no body else makes 'em.
    Portable laptop becomes a non-portable desktop.

    Burnt once, I'll never touch Asus gear again.

    --
    Please remove '_SpamTrap' when replying. You know why :-(

    Peter Ingham
    Lower Hutt
    New Zealand

    Peter Ingham, Dec 28, 2004
  8. elsamo

    John Potter Guest

    I've had one about 9 mths. It's gone well, the only problem is signal
    from my radio tuner is way too high for the line in jack, don't know
    why. Tuner works fine on desktop and output from music recording
    mixer works fine on the laptop.

    John Potter, Dec 30, 2004