ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe random freezes

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Nocturnal, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Nocturnal

    Nocturnal Guest

    My system is as follows:

    Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOSES: 1008, 1011, 1012-003 beta

    CPU: AMD 64 3200+ Winchester

    Memory: 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200

    Hard Drive 1: 74GB Western Digital Raptor

    Hard Drive 2: 300GB Maxtor Maxline 10

    PSU: Antec TrueControl 550W

    Video Card: eVGA 6800GT PCI-Express

    Case: Antec P160 w/1x120mm intake and 1x120mm exhaust

    Plextor 716SA SATA DVDRW

    My problem:

    Ever since I upgraded my BIOS to 1011 final, then to 1012-003 beta, then
    down to 1011 final again, then finally down to 1008, I have been
    experiencing lock ups that freeze my entire computer. No BSODs or errors in
    event viewer. Just freezes my computer up completely. I cannot even
    ctrl-alt-del either.

    When I first started experiencing these lock ups it was when I upgraded to
    1011 final BIOS. It would boot into Windows and as soon as I got maybe ten
    seconds into Windows it would freeze just like how it's randomly freezing.
    Removing one stick of memory seemed to stabilize the system. I then
    upgraded to 1012-003 beta. From there I encountered problems with my
    Plextor 716SA SATA burner. So I downgraded to 1011 final again and things
    seemed ok. However I started to experience the same random lock ups. I
    downgraded to 1008 and still encountered the same lock up. I am now at 1006
    and I am wondering what might be causing this lock up? I'm going to go out
    on a limb and remove one stick of memory if my system locks up once more.

    Do any of you have any other ideas as to what might be happening?

    Nocturnal, Jul 11, 2005