    originated from one location. I need also database of call records so I can
    see how much traffic is terminated in one period of time.

    Is Asterix good solution for this job?

    Shark, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Shark

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Asterisk will do all that easily.

    I think your bigger problem is going to be squeezing 30 voice calls into
    512 megabits.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Aren't 30 calls just 2 Megabits/sec?

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Shark

    Shark Guest

    Sorry, this was a mistake in writing, I meant 512 kbps.

    This bandwith can be upgraded, what is optimal for 30 voice calls?

    All calls are originating from USA, from regular telephone network,
    converted by Cicso 5300 and/or Quintum Tenor VoIP gateways. Asterix should
    terminate this traffic and use standard protocols which this gateways use.
    Is it ok solution?

    How strong computer must be to decompress 30 voice chanells?

    Thank you a lot in advance!

    Shark, Jul 3, 2003
  5. With IAX2 Trunking you should be able to squeeze 96 calls into 1.536 mbps.

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Shark

    shido Guest

    For only 30 channels of voice you wont need anything beefy beyond a 600 mhz
    PC, it depends on what the big picture is, what codecs do you plan to use,
    what protocols?
    Asterisk can handle a multitide of codecs and protocols but the more I know
    about your project the better I can respond with something that will scale.
    Outside of what you've mentioned already, is there anything else you want it
    to do?

    Keep in mind Asterisk is:

    Heterogeneous Voice over IP gateway (MGCP, SIP, H.323,IAX)
    Private Branch eXchange (PBX)
    Custom Interactive Voice Response (IVR) server
    Softswitch
    Conferencing server
    Number translation
    Calling card application
    Predictive dialer
    Call queuing with remote agents
    Remote offices for existing PBX
    Voicemail server

    And can be a complete telephone solution with support, a custom GUI and
    Billing Platform from The NuFone Network.

    Greg Merriweather
    Systems Engineer
    The NuFone Network

    shido, Jul 13, 2003