Asterisk Inside a NAT - Phone outside

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by RH, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. RH

    RH Guest

    Hi, Please can someone help me from pulling all my hair out!

    I have an [email protected] 1.5 server running behind my ovislink router
    I have my trunks working for incoming and outgoing SIP IAX2 calls
    and SIP phones on the local network working well.

    Now I have been testing with SIP connections to asterisk over the net.
    somehow I managed to get it working once, but since then I can not get
    phones to register
    Looking at sites from searches it talks about having to set settings to make
    this work

    I added this to sip.conf
    nat=yes
    inside_net=192.168.1.100 ;
    inside_mask=255.255.255.0
    outside_addr=62.49.XX.XX

    does not seem to work

    I have port forwarding on

    Any ideas anyone one...by head is hurting trying to work out how to get this
    to work!

    RH, Oct 22, 2005

  2. RH

    Ian Guest

    Well what you have done so far is a couple of years out of date!
    have a look at the wiki for nat and externip, You may get more luck unless
    you are trying double nat traversal !
    Ian

    Ian, Oct 22, 2005