[email protected] Speed Dials

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Okay, next feature I would like!

    The company I work for has 4 offices.

    Each office has a DDI range, where the extension number is three digits
    (each office has a different leading number for the extension number)
    For example
    Office 1 1XX
    Office 2 2XX
    Office 3 3XX
    Office 4 4XX

    I would like to dial a prefix (Probably *020, as this is what I had before),
    followed by the extension number of the office, and have asterisk do the
    rest to connect me Via VoIPBuster.

    I would like to dial *020412 to get extension 412 in office 4
    I would like to dial *020212 to get extension 212 in office 2
    Etc..

    I have done it with Asterisk before, but not with [email protected]

    I have got it working with one office with the following...

    Trunk Dial Rules
    0044???????+XXX
    (Replacing the ?'s with the first part of the number)

    Outbound Routing Dial Pattern
    *020|4XX

    If I Dial *020473, I get extension 473 ringing in office 4, so far so good!

    Now I want to add another office, but I am a bit stuck, as if I just do the
    same for the next office, I think I will get a conflict in my Trunk Dial
    Rules, as I will be trying to match three digits again.

    Help!

    :)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Davew Guest

    Going on the assumption that each office has the same prefix '0044???????'.

    Why not have your Outbound Routing Dial Pattern:
    *020|XXX

    And trunk:
    0044???????+XXX

    Davew, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    That's the problem, the first part of the number is different in all the
    offices.

    Otherwise, it's easy, as you suggest!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Okay, after much fiddling, I have finally cracked it (I think!)
    Here is what I now have, if anyone is interested!

    If there is a better way to do it, please let me know!

    The *020 prefix is so I can call people in four different offices, just by
    dialling *020 followed by a three digit extension number, this part is only
    useful to me, but obviously can be adapted for other uses!

    Outbound Routing -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Patterns

    *006|. - This routes all calls prefixed with *006 to the VoIPBuster Trunk
    manually

    *020|4XX - This routes any number from 400 to 499, prefixed with *020 to
    the VoIPBuster Trunk

    *020|5XX - This routes any number from 500 to 599, prefixed with *020 to
    the VoIPBuster Trunk

    *020|6XX - This routes any number from 600 to 699, prefixed with *020 to
    the VoIPBuster Trunk

    *020|8XX - This routes any number from 800 to 899, prefixed with *020 to
    the VoIPBuster Trunk

    0|Z. - This routes any numbers starting with a 0 to the VoIPBuster
    Trunk, removing the 0

    6. - This routes all numbers starting with a 6 to the VoIPBuster
    Trunk

    7. - This routes all numbers starting with a 7 to the VoIPBuster
    Trunk

    8. - This routes all numbers starting with a 8 to the VoIPBuster
    Trunk

    ********************************

    Trunks -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Rules {this is for calls passed from Outbound
    Routing -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Patterns)

    0044+XXXXXXXXXX - This Routes all 10 digit numbers to VoIPBuster, adding
    0044 to the beginning, this so I can dial a full UK number, without having
    to ad 0044 and drop the leading 0 (This is what VoIPBuster is expecting to
    see)

    00441689+XXXXXX - This routes all 6 digit numbers to VoIPBuster, adding
    00441689 to the beginning (Calls in my area code, so I only need to dial the
    local number, just like a normal land line)

    [This section below is for routing special numbers, the ??? should be real
    numbers, but for privacy, they are shown as ?'s]

    0044208???+4XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
    VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
    people in my first office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
    number

    0044208???+8XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
    VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
    people in my second office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
    number

    00441372???+6XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
    VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
    people in my third office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
    number

    00441932???+5XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
    VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
    people in my forth office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
    number

    Took me a while to work this out, so I hope it helps someone!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005