    The 30 users will receive approx. 50 urgent and important calls/day
    each froma angry customers !

    Piero

    Piero, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Why not? Asterisk is very good at playing soothing music to your angry
    customers while they are on hold -- or, perhaps, a reminder that if they
    curse at your employees they will be hung-up on.

    It can also, if desirable, actually connect these angry incoming calls
    to analog or VoIP phones for your customer service representatives. It
    includes an agent/queue system designed for scenarios just like yours.

    Karl A. Krueger, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Piero

    Kyler Laird Guest

    ....or you could MeetMe(1234) all of them.

    (I thought of that in a sarcastic sense at first but now I'm beginning
    to warm to the idea. I'd like to try it on a helpline someday.)

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Piero

    Piero Guest

    Dear both,
    your answer are really ilarious, but can you please explain in more details ?

    My boss is trying to put me on this project so if you are right,
    please hnd me some tangible facts about it !

    Piero

    Piero, Oct 28, 2004
  5. To learn more about Asterisk, you'd be well-served by reading as much as
    you can stand of the voip-info wiki, http://www.voip-info.org/ -- as
    well as the documentation on Digium's Web site.

    Asterisk can definitely do what you're asking. 30 users is not very
    many. You can support that many with a single E1 interface and a
    channel bank if you have analog phones -- or with a single 100Mbit
    Ethernet interface and a switch if you have SIP phones.

    However, the configuration for your business is going to be different
    from that for any other business. Asterisk is not a plug-and-play
    system -- a PBX can't be; it has to be customized. You'll need to
    choose hardware to support the technologies you need -- if you have DIDs
    (incoming phone calls) on an E1 line, you need an E1 card, for instance.
    This is a job for a full-time employee who will learn the system inside
    and out, or for a consultant who already knows it.

    What's your background? If you're a telecom guy, using Asterisk will
    mean learning things like running a Linux server, building packages from
    source, and configuring a PC server box with telecom hardware. If
    you're a Linux guy (like me), using Asterisk will mean learning the
    things that the telecom guys take for granted.

    Karl A. Krueger, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Piero

    Piero Guest

    I am the project manager,
    other engineers will work actively on it,

    but the customer could work actively on.... me !

    Piero, Nov 18, 2004