Asterisk at Home dial rules

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I'm having some problems with Asterisk at Home dial rules for voiptalk.

    I need to convert local numbers to international format and convert
    national call to international calls.

    I've got..

    441827+NXXXXX
    44+0|.

    in the dial rules.

    The local numbers works OK, but stripping the leading zero and then
    adding 44, doesn't seem to work.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Matt

    Dave1216 Guest

    I use:

    Dial Pattern in outbound routing:
    00. <- international number (note the lack of '|')
    0|Z. <-UK national number
    80|. <- Local area code (for me)

    Dial Rule in trunk:
    00442380+XXXXXX (local only, change the area code as desired)
    0044+XXXXXXXXXX (fits both 01 & 02)
    (international stays the same)

    Dave1216, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Many thanks for that Dave,

    Do you have an incoming number set up with voiptalk?

    Any chance of some sample config files? I can make outgoing calls OK,
    but not recieve them. Can't get anywhere with sipgate!

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Matt

    Davew Guest

    Hi Matt,

    Sorry never used voiptalk. The trunks i use are:
    Sipgate
    voipbuster
    FreeWorldDialup
    voipuser

    I am trying to get 1899(voip) to work, but haven't yet had any joy.

    If you want a hand getting sipgate to work, feel free to contact me off
    list - and i will do my best to help.

    Cheers,
    Dave

    Davew, Jul 17, 2005
  5. I've got it working fine with sipgate (read the instructions on their site).

    IIRC the biggest slip-up is suppossed to be mis-typing the registration
    line in sip.conf (not putting the /<uid-given-by-sipgate> at the end of
    the line.

    It's probably not right, but I use:

    _[2-9]. for local
    _0[1-2]. for national
    _00Z. for international
    _07. for mobile (I know this catches Personal Numbers too, shouldn't be
    too hard to change that if it's a problem).

    If you need any help setting up sipgate in asterisk, give me a private
    mail, and I'll send you some (doctored/reduced) config files.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 4, 2005