    played a little with Linux and assembled my own PC etc.) And what
    is your approximate guess-timate for a 2 FXO, 8 FXS system?

    Any help from you asterisk gurus would be highly appreciated.

    hello_r, Aug 8, 2003

  2. hello_r

    Beep Guest

    Since you do get your hands dirty by playing with Linux, why not devote a
    little of your time to download/compile/install asterisk to give it a try.
    Who knows you will learn more by doing so.

    For me, it did not take up my time to learn on how to compile, install, and
    running asterisk, ymmv.

    Beep, Aug 8, 2003

  3. hello_r

    Brian Jones Guest

    Even if you buy a prebuilt system, you will probably most likely want to
    familarize yourself as much as possible with the setup, including
    administering Asterisk itself, as well as the Linux box overall, because
    supporting your PBX will be a nightmare if something goes wrong.

    Learn as much as you can! It only took me about an hour to get my linux
    box going (using Debian). The Asterisk install as I recall was pretty
    straight forward (I might have had to install some extra libs, but that
    only took an apt-get install whateverlib-dev). It only took me a day or
    two to debug some problems I was having with SIP, and that is currently
    where I am right now (new SIP problems ;)).

    Brian.

    Brian Jones, Aug 8, 2003
  4. hello_r

    T Horse Guest

    If you're in the UK, then this company provides customised asterisk boxes:
    www.telappliant.com

    T Horse, Aug 8, 2003