Asterisk and HiSax

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Tomek, Jul 1, 2006.

  1. Tomek

    Tomek Guest

    Hello,

    Can You started such configuration -> Asterisk+HiSax(module)+PCI 128
    ISDN card (winbound chipset) ??

    Any sugestion ??

    I have:

    HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
    HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
    HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
    HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
    HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
    HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
    HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4

    kernel 2.6.16.22

    Additionaly I haven't /dev/ttyI0 and /dev/ttyI1

    [[email protected] ~]# ls /dev/ttyI*
    ls: /dev/ttyI*: No such file or directory

    Maybe better I resign from HiSax and will install mISDN ??

    Regards
    Tomek

    Tomek, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Tomek wrote on 30. June 2006:
    You better ask in a Linux or ISDN group. This is mainly frequented by US
    guys. But ISDN is not very spread in the US.
    2.6.16 and above comes with udev. Thisis fairly new AFAIK and is
    responsible for the devices. Read "man udev". Seems, in case the hisax
    setup created the devices, the udev removed them again or their
    permissions.

    You can deactivate udev (/etc/init.d/udev stop) and also remove the start
    script from your runlevel. Then create the devices with mknod.

    There should be man pages for ISDN explaining how to use mknod.

    Andreas Kohlbach, Jul 1, 2006

  3. Tomek

    Tomek Guest

    thx, I try