    Can anyone point me to documentation concerning assigning an ip subnet to a vlan?

    Thanks,
    David

    David Williams, Oct 30, 2005

  2. : Hello all,
    : Can anyone point me to documentation concerning assigning an ip subnet to a vlan?

    That would depend on the platform. In IOS, it would be

    interface vlan42
    ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

    Walter Roberson, Oct 30, 2005

  3. yes it's correct puting an ip address in SVi of a VLAN will allow all
    host in same vlan to a subnetnet.
    i think it should work.
    kamlesh

    Kamlesh Sharma, Oct 31, 2005