Assemble .nzb post

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerome, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Jerome

    Jerome Guest

    Hello,
    I downloaded .nzb files for the first time.
    I've tried NewsBin ( reader I used to get them )
    It tells me I don't have a master splitter file.

    I tried Binary Boy, and since I didn't use that
    to get them ( or so it seems ) figuring out how
    to import, force in, get them, or whatever is not
    happening.

    The filenames came down with 3 extensions:

    ..NZB
    ..PAR2
    ..FLAC

    Am I way out of touch here?
    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jerome

    Jerome, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Jerome

    why? Guest

    See the Help / FAQ / manual / forums
    http://www.newsbin.com/
    Support
    Contact Technical Support
    Tutorials and Documentation
    Find your News Server
    Discussions

    If it's master splitter as in -
    http://www.tomasoft.com/

    nzb is simply a list of the parts, d/l the nzb and launch it , the news
    reader should if it understands nzb :) like NewsBin and NewsLeecher
    (which I use) will download the rest of the parts.
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=par2&Search=Search

    You need QuickPar, verifies the files dowloaded without errors and can
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/
    repair incomplete d/l's.
    A music file format, IIRC. However taking a wild guess.
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=flac&Search=Search
    With what?

    Maybe , some of the above has been mentioned before, like this -

    try the news group.
    http://groups.google.com/group/news.software.readers

    Me

    why?, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Open a search session and go to the Queue tab. Right-click and a menu will
    pop up. Click "Load from NZB". Find the file. Click the Progress tab.
    Click Go.

    Howard Swinehart, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Jerome

    zarathustra Guest

    Read all about NZBs from the boiz who invented the things:
    http://docs.newzbin.com/Newzbin:Basics

    Then get either the demo version of the awesome NewsLeecher or the
    full version of the equally-awesome but simpler-to-use 'NZB-O-Matic
    Plus'.
    http://www.newsleecher.com/
    http://www.bunnyhug.net/nomp/ (needs .NET framework v1.1 installed
    first)

    If you've got IRC, point your client towards irc.newzbin.com & /j
    #newzbin - we're happy to help/flame all newbies).

    Follow the above & soon you'll have a movie/music collection so large
    you'll run out of hours in the day & your gluteus will have turned to
    bubblegum. Enjoy!

    Newzbin: The New Black

    zarathustra, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Jerome